The Washington Post, one of the most respected newspapers in the United States, provides unlimited digital access to readers who have a .edu (or .gov or .mil) email address. To sign up for your free access, follow the steps below.
Steps to Verify Washington Post Access:
1. Go to https://www.washingtonpost.com/.
2. Click on Sign In at the top right corner of the page. Select "Sign in with Email" and "Create a New Account".
3. Use your Nazareth email address and create a password.
4. Select My Profile from the bar at the top. Go to "My subscriptions." Click "Verify my Email Address" on the right side under "Get Free Access."
5. You should receive an email indicating that you have a free subscription. Click "Start My Free Access" to complete the process.
Note: This is the best way to access articles on The Washington Post's public website. However, if you are doing research and need to search WaPo or look in the archives, you're better off using a library database.
Access Washington Post through library databases:
- Historical Washington Post (1877-1999): via ProQuest Historical Newspapers database
- Current Washington Post (1996-present): via National Newspapers Premier database
If you're off-campus you'll need to enter your library barcode. If you don't have a barcode, please contact the Circulation Desk at 585-389-2129 and ask for a supervisor.